If you know me or have seen any of my social media pages, you’d know my love for EDM and festivals! I’ve swayed away from talking much about the rave scene on my blog due to the negative stereotypes that accompany it, however I am HAPPY and PROUD to say that EDM and all of its added benefits have changed my life for the better.
ANYHOW, enough with the mush. In light of being more open about the life of what some may call a basshead, a raver, a HEADBANGER (please stop me), I wanted to write a post talking about an upcoming festival I am attending soon called Decadence Arizona NYE. I will be talking about a couple of things I consider necessities when attending festivals and I will also be showing you one of my outfits for the event!
MY FESTI NECESSITIES
- First, and most important, a camelback. Many festivals take place outdoors and a mixture of dancing, sweating and not drinking enough water IS NOT pretty…trust me on this one. A camelback is so easily accessible that it is almost impossible to get dehydrated with it always being on your back! I went heavy-duty on my camelback and it has yet to disappoint. This particular bag has several pockets for storing any other rave essentials, along with a 2.5L bladder to keep you from having to refill every 30 minutes! You can find this exact bag here for $46.15. My biggest recommendation when searching for a camelback is to search for quality over looks and even though I know we are all on budgets, this bag is well worth the price and thanks to the amazing quality, long-lasting as well.
- A fanny pack. You may be wondering, whats the point of a fanny pack when I already have a huge backpack on my back???? Well let me tell you, I’ve found it very handy to have a fanny pack around my hips so I can put things such as my phone, gum and a fan in it so I don’t have to take off my camelback every time I need something. Plus, you have to take into consideration how 2.5L of water tends to take up a lot of space in a backpack. A fanny pack is nice for quick, easy access! I received this particular fanny pack as a gift, but I was able to find a similar one here for $14.99.
- Eucalyptus oil. Festivals and raves can get overwhelming, even for those who have gone to several before. With large crowds, the occasional assholes, loud noises and bright lights, it’s very easy to get anxious and stressed out. By simply putting essential oils on my pashmina or on my wrist and getting a quick whiff of it when I feel the anxiety start to kick in, after a couple deep breaths I feel relaxed and ready to dance and enjoy the experience. Essential oils have so many different benefits, several of which help with stress and anxiety. I personally enjoy the smell of Eucalyptus oil but you can find several other oils that are beneficial for anxiety here. You can purchase a bottle of Eucalyptus oil here for $5.99.
- KANDI!! My absolute favorite necessity. Pictured above are several of my single kandi, cuff kandi and perlers! I seriously love making all of these bracelets and necklaces, but the best part is trading all of them at the festivals! I remember when I was super young and I used to make perlers all the time. I’ll have to admit, making perlers is a lot more fun now than it was as a kid. All of the materials used to make everything pictured above were bought at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Walmart or Joann’s. This part is really up to you. Bring out your own style of creativity in each individual kandi!
I’m not gonna lie, I tend to overpack and bring ANYTHING I might possibly want because truth be told, the finishing touches to my outfit are typically decided the day of. I took some pictures of definite outfit choices and some pictures of possible accessory choices for this festival!
- When picking out my outfits, I always say THE MORE SPARKLES, THE BETTER!! So of course I went with the most dazzling of boots. The cool thing about this purchase is that I will probably wear these boots at least once every festivals because LOOK HOW CUTE?! I bought them on IHeartRaves and you can too here for $28.95!
- Now onto the actual outfit! For starters, I found the mesh bodysuit here for $9.95. The bodysuit rides up pretty high so I just found some white lace underwear to go underneath. Since this festival is shortly after Christmas, I decided to be festive with my snowflake pasties. You can find those exact pasties here for $9.95. The lovely pink pashmina was a solid find at a thrift shop. The amount of pashminas at just this one thrift shop alone was crazy! Of course, not all thrift shops are alike but if you are interested in buying one, I would definitely check at your local thrift shop first. If you don’t have any luck there, Amazon has a WIDE array of pashminas. Lastly, the face jewels. Face jewels on many sites tend to be expensive and hard to reuse. Every once in a while I will “splurge” on a pack of jewels like these for $11.98, but in the cases where I’m running low on funds, I turn to these single jewels, create my own design and glue it on with eyelash glue!
- Decadence Arizona will be my very first winter rave, so I definitely struggled with figuring out how to stay warm throughout the night. I took a bargain with this jacket on IHeartRaves and could not be happier with the product. The jacket was bought solely for Decadence, but has turned into an everyday jacket because IT’S SO FREAKING WARM! Sadly, they are currently out of stock on this item (no surprise there), but if you are interested in purchasing, you can click the link above and give IHeartRaves your email so they can notify you when they are back in stock!
- For me, fishnets are a MUST at any event. These adorable lace fishnet thigh-highs, leg garters and fabric mask were all found on IHeartRaves. They have such a wide range of designs for any fashion taste and I would definitely recommend you check out their website to get a taste of the amazing styles and products they have!
- Last, but certainly not least, accessories! I tend to bring all accessories I own (because I have a serious problem of over-packing in every instance) and then decide which accessories work best with my outfit that day, so here are a couple of possible hair accessories to go with my outfit! I purchased the two headbands on IHeartRaves and the daisy hair clips in store at Hot Topic.
Now obviously, I’m not wearing any accessories, only the clothes, but I will be posting a recap on Decadence AZ following the event which will include PLENTY of pictures.
I hope you enjoyed this post. If you are unfamiliar with festivals, I hope this gave you a little insight. If you are familiar with festivals, I hope some of my neccesities you take into consideration and try!
Festivals have changed my life for the better and I want everyone to know how amazing the EDM community and the festival experience truly is. I’ve found myself guilty when buying anything materialistic because buying an experience is something you truly can cherish for a lifetime!
So hear me when I say, it is 110% WORTH IT!
Follow me on social media:
In case you missed: