Hey there my little snow bunnies. ♡ Wow, November has really flown by! In all honesty, I can easily say it was a very uneventful month, but I want to be sure to acknowledge and appreciate even the smallest of events each month.
DAD AND BROSKI CAME TO TOWN
- Having half of my family living across the country is definitely hard, so I try to soak up as much quality time as possible with them when they are in town, whether it be staying in playing board games or going out and stuffing our faces with some tasty grub.
WHAT CAN I SAY? I’M A BASKETBALL GIRL
- Love my school and love supporting my school, which means I love putting on my Hoosier gear and going to basketball games! Don’t get me wrong, football season is great and all (aka tailgating), but there’s just something about being able to keep track of the ball and know what’s going on in the game that makes basketball much more appealing to me HA.
- This Thanksgiving was much different from prior Thanksgivings in the fact that my loving mother invited anyone from our work who didn’t have a place to go on Thanksgiving over to our place to have a HUGE, extremely delicious meal!
- Forever grateful for the people who choose to be in my life and I believe they always deserve recognition. Huge shoutout to Nathanial who has always made an effort to be in my life, even if it means asking his mother to drive him 2 hours to my house because his car is ass.
- Jackson turned 21 this month! How exciting right?! So he took a whole day off work and we enjoyed each other’s company (just as we always do). Here’s a cute picture of when I forced him to do face masks with me!
- Hershey came into my life as a puppy a couple weeks before I moved to Bloomington and each time I see him, he’s doubled in size. I am sure to soak in all of his cuddles and puppy kisses when I get to see him!
I GOT A KITTY
- Had to save the best for last. After looking for a sweet kitty to adopt all month and having a couple let downs, I got blessed with the sweetest, most loving kitty ever. I’d like you guys to meet Littlefoot, or littles or meow meow or cuteness or mamas or whiskers for short. She loves attention, back rubs, tummy rubs, treats and making love to my fuzzy bathrobe. I couldn’t of asked for a better kitty to call mine ♡
Despite not having a very eventful month, I most definitely can say it was a good one! So much to be grateful for. That is one reason I genuinely enjoy doing Monthly Recap posts. Before starting this post, I questioned what I would talk about because much of this month seemed like a blur due to the stress of finals coming up, but after looking back at the pictures and trying to recollect, I was able to remember all of the good that came out of this month.
I encourage each and every one of you to do this as well at the end of each month. I am guilty of letting the negative aspects of life override all of the positive aspects and given how easy it is to do, I am sure many of ya’ll are guilty of it as well. Work with me in breaking this bad habit! Work with me in recognizing even the smallest aspects of life that give you joy.
Together, lets consistently strive to have the positive aspects of life towering high over the negative aspects.
Follow me on social media:
In case you missed:
HI GUYS! So two weeks ago I decided I wanted to take a little social media break and observe how I felt throughout that time. I wanted to remind myself that social media is not the most important thing in my life and I wanted to take that chance to not only build friendships/relationships, but create them as well! Well here I am, two weeks later in good spirits, knowing that my social media break was most definitely needed. As I reflect, I wanted all of you to be aware of the benefits of taking a step back and recognizing the negative impact that social media has on our lives and our well-being.
What did I do best utilize my time?
- I made DELICIOUS dinners with my Jackson.
- I went on walks with Jackson and explored the town that we have lived in for several months now but still barely know (LOL).
- I cleaned the apartment…a lot.
- I was able to fully focus on my homework without worrying about what was new on my social media.
- I did some fun DIY projects from Pinterest.
- Jackson and I made new couple friends in our apartment complex!! (Our first couple friends! How exciting!)
- I went tailgating with new friends and enjoyed the crisp fall air.
- I tried to soak in every moment spent with Jackson and friends.
Why is a social media break important?
It’s hard to notice the negative effects that social media has on our lives when it is constantly available to us. So my goal in taking a social media break was to merely acknowledge, without judgement (using mindfulness), how much of my day is stolen from me because of social media. Rather than avoiding an awkward silence by shoving my face in my phone, in a sense, I was forced to make conversation, which my generation is not the greatest at. Face-to-face interaction is such an important part of our lives as social creatures and thats something we tend to forget because of social media.
My challenge to YOU
I challenge you to take the step not only in bettering your mental health and well-being, but to rediscover and reevaluate what truly matters in your life with the absence of social media, whether it be family, relationships, friendships, hobbies, school, etc. You may come to find, like I did, that we place such an emphasis on the importance of social media, but without it, life will still go on. I didn’t miss my social media like I thought I would, in fact, it was refreshing, like a weight lifted off of my shoulders.
So take that step!
Do something GOOD for your mental health and your well-being.
PUT YOURSELF FIRST! YOU DESERVE IT!
In case you missed:
September 23, 2018 marks a whole year of being in love with the most thoughtful human being. My heart is all mushy and love is most definitely in the air, but its not hard to think back to a time when I felt worthless and irrelevant to the world around me. Now I can’t go blame all of my issues on previous boyfriends, however I can say that getting treated poorly in a relationship tends to diminish the desire to love yourself. I went on for years hating myself and searching for the things I could change about myself in order to be loved by someone else. It took a full year of loneliness and contemplation to realize that I was never going to find what I was looking for until I learned to love everything about myself, the good and the not so good. Wow, that sounds so cliche but it couldn’t be any closer to the truth. I began to realize my worth in one of the most painful, mentally exhausting relationships. He belittled me, called me names, and made me feel foolish for wanting to get treated in a respectful, loving way. One day, he got so angry that he kicked me out of his apartment and told me I was dead to him. Hours later, he called me to say he overreacted and to come back over. Stupid me, I went back over to his apartment where he proceeded to yell at me and NOT apologize because “he had no reason to apologize, I was just being crazy”. Time after time I continued to forgive him and time after time he continued to show me the millions of reasons he didn’t deserve my forgiveness. My self-esteem was diminished and the love I had for myself was nearly nonexistent, so I turned to God. I listened to my favorite worship songs and I prayed that he would give me the knowledge to understand why I wasn’t good enough. And he did answer my prayers, but rather than helping me understand why I wasn’t good enough, he helped reveal to myself the many ways I am more than good enough. He gave me the knowledge to know what I deserve, whether it be in a relationship or in my everyday life. He gave me the strength to remove the negativity from my life and look solely at the positives. During this time of growth, finding myself, and learning to love myself, God placed a wonderful man into my life. A man who doesn’t try to diminish my self-worth but instead shows me reasons every day to treasure my self-worth. A man who, everyday shows me the true meaning of unconditional love. I love my boyfriend for a million different reasons, but everyday he teaches me how to love myself and thats a debt I will never be able to repay. So ladies, if you are in a toxic relationship and have been dragged down so far to the point of not knowing if you’ll be able to make it back to the surface, know that there is hope. Know that there is someone out there who will love you for you, imperfections and all. And lastly, know that you ARE beautiful, you ARE strong, and you ARE capable of living the life you deserve.